Monday, January 21, 2008

Jan 21 ~ Jan 27 - Words

Tuesday, January 22nd

Okay for today I wanted to give a little brand recognition. I can't get enough of Pentax, they offer so much in a camera at such a lower price than a lot of the competition. I also decided to play some more with extension tubes. This is a shot of my flash with the 12mm and 36mm tubes stacked. It is hard to tell from this shot, but it is interesting all the little things on the flash. In the full resolution version you can see little pieces of white on the x, like the letter is starting to peel off. Also the letters aren't white, even though they look white, there is a little bit of texture to them. Anyway, the small resolution file doesn't do this shot justice, click on it for a slightly bigger picture so you can see a little bit what I'm talking about. I had fun with it though. HHCC welcome and wanted.




f/13 @ 30" ISO 200








Monday, January 21st

I wasn't in a very creative mood today, so this is what you get for my first word shot. This is a shot of my 36mm extension tube with my FA 50mm 1.4 lens stacked on the 12mm and the 20mm tubes. I could have got even closer if I had stacked my 36mm too, but then of course I wouldn't have the words to take a picture of. Macro shots are starting to be fun for me, I can't wait for spring when I can try this out on the tradition flowers and bugs kind of stuff. HHCC welcome and wanted.





f/11 @ 1/60 ISO 200 Flash Fired

20 comments:

Sara said...

Nice and sharp, even when I clicked on it to see it enlarged.
I'm just beginning to experiment with macro as well.
Looks good to me.

cherie said...

great focus such a nice clear sharp image very well done!

Angela2932 said...

Very sharp, and nice angle. I'm looking forward to the flower & bug shots!

Mom2Drew said...

Traditional macros are nice, but honestly...it's stuff like this that stands out. it's a good reminder of how fun and creative macro can be. I like how you kept the entire word in the frame. Good texture too and with extension tubes, I'm really impressed. Those suckers are tough.

Amy said...

Very nice and sharp! I love, love, love my extension tubes!

Trina said...

very fun! I think its pretty creative! hmmm your making me want to run out and buy an extension tube or two ;)

Val said...

Looks cool. i like it.

Mandy said...

Really love how this photo shows the curve, and I like the angle you took.

Liz said...

This is so sharp and crisp, great job. I can't wait to see some flowers, maybe you need to buy your wife a bouquet and then you can practice, and give us all a little taste of spring in the process. :)

Tera Fraley said...

Interesting! Ive been thinking of investing in some of these esp since its just a hobby for me and I cant get a Marco lens. Great way to stay on theme!

Becky said...

Nice focus-did you use a tripod? I love insect shots; I look forward to seeing yours.

Stacey said...

Very nice focus! Don't have any HHCC, sorry!

pat said...

Nice and sharp, Travis. I am seriously lusting after your extension tubes....

~~Debb~~ said...

Nice and sharp for hand held. That's what I've got to work on with my macros!
YAY PENTAX!!!

Suzy said...

Very nice focus and clear shots!!

Amy said...

Great focus on a handheld shot!

April said...

wow that's a great shot..looks great when it's bigger..i love the texture of it.

Mom2Drew said...

Yes, I can see the texture too...that's why I LOVE a good macro. You're doing a great job with those extension tubes. I think those two little pink lights could probably be cloned out if you wanted, but truthfully...not a lot of CC here today:)

Margaret said...

Very sharp, Travis. You're doing some amazing things with those extension tubes.

Becky said...

Very sharp focus. It's been fun to see what extension tubes can do.